Unidentified network error is one of the most overwhelming issues in Windows 7. This straight-forward tutorial guides you with, Unidentified network windows 7 fix.
What is Unidentified Network Error
It is an error message displayed in Windows 7, when target network you’re trying to connect is unreachable or cannot be identified.
It is very annoying, and you cannot connect to the internet and surf the web because, your PC tries to block the connection. There are quite a few ways to fix this problem.
Configure IP Address
- To do this, click on Edit Settings in Network and Sharing Center.
- Select the connection. Choose Manage Network Connections.
- Select the Wireless network, In the Internet Protocol Version 4 – Properties tab, Click Properties.
- Lastly, ‘Choose Obtain IP Address manually’ option.
Third-party firewalls of certain anti-virus software are known to block some unidentified networks.
If you followed the first solution, if the problem persists, disable any external firewalls and try connecting.
You may receive the error message if you’re network drivers are outdated. Make sure you have the network card associated drivers up to date.
- Get the latest drivers from the vendor’s official site (Recommended).
- If you wish to update it through Windows itself, just go to the network card hardware properties, and Choose Update drivers.
Reset your Modem
If the problem still persists, you can try resetting your modem to default factory settings, which will proceed it to go through a complete roll back to default network settings.
Before resetting the modem, try disabling and re-enabling it. Check the modem manual for specific instruction set on how to reset your modem or router.
This is most unlikely but, certain malware trigger Unidentified network errors in Windows 7. Use a good malware removal tools like malwarebytes.
Once the malware is removed, you should be able to connect to the internet without any issue.
I hope this guide helped you fix the problem. Let me know if you face any problems, through comments.