Google takes a leap forward in utilizing social signals in ranking algorithm. It introduced a new search metric ’Author Rank’
What is AuthorRank
AuthorRank is an intuitive ranking agent recently announced by Google. It’s purpose is to evaluate the reputation of the blog author, verified through Google Authorship and sort the search engine results considering the AuthorRank
Some industry heads claim AuthorRank update could surpass the SERP changes followed by Panda and Penguin.
Tips for Increasing AuthorRank
Brace yourselves, AuthorRank update isn’t far away. Google may roll out the update this or the following month. You may have to make significant changes to your blog to make it AuthorRank compliant
- Install: Incorporate Google Authorship rich snippet on your blog. Follow the link to a detailed guide on how to make your blog Authorship ready
- Content: If you have been blogging for a significant period by now, you should aware how overused the phrase ‘Content is King’ has become. Building killer content is certainly a head start in increase AuthorRank as well as other SEO factors
- Google Plus: Once ignored, start constitute a big social circle in Google plus and possibly set up a +1 exchange (might be a little gray hat) among your social circles.
- Social Sharing: Social Media signals is considered the most important aspect of SEO in the foreseeable future. Embed obvious social sharing buttons and design an intuitive interface which should lure your visitors into sharing the content
- Drive Targeted Traffic: It is the most effective way to prepare your blog against negative grudge of AuthorRank. Start building up targeted traffic to your blog and create content worth sharing.
Google once again, after Authorship, tweaks its Search Engine Algorithm for it’s own promotion. Google is leaving no stone unturned in promoting the much hyped failure, Google Plus. It isn’t really a fair attribution and gives an unfair advantage for Gplus users.