Microsoft has launched its official app store where you can find all the apps to use in your Windows 8. Besides providing you the stock of apps related to different categories, there are many other features that Windows Store offer.
The one out of them I like the most is automatic update of apps that you download from Windows Store. This feature is good for everyone as one does not need to keep the burden of checking new updates of apps. But do you know that you can update the apps manually as well?
I know you might be wondering that why one would like to update the apps manually while he/she is getting it done automatically. Well, first of all having knowledge of Manual Process is not going to cost your anything. Right? Secondly, sometimes the Windows Store does not send the updates on time. It happened with me that Windows Store did not send me update for one of my app. I was in the misunderstanding that I am using the new version of that app, but the reality was something different. I came to know about this lazy work of Windows Store from news regarding the availability of new update which was not sent to me. Therefore I thought of learning about the manual update procedure, and after learning so, I am sharing my knowledge with you. So let’s proceed ahead.
How to update Windows 9 Apps Manually
- First of all, open the Charms Menu, after opening the Windows Store. Just press ‘Windows+C’ to bring up the Charms Menu.
- Select the ‘Settings‘ tab from Charms Menu.
- It will open up a small menu. From that menu, select ‘App Updates’.
- Click on ‘Check for Updates’.
- Windows Store will detect the apps installed on your system and will check that if there is any update available for any app. You will be taken to a new page with all available updates listed over there. Once you are there, you can select from various available options like ‘Install’, ‘Select All’.
- Just select the updates that you wish to install. If you want to select all of available updates, use the ‘Select All’ option.
- There is also an option reading ‘View Details’ which enable you to check the details of update before applying it. This is good if you perform this step. Of course, you can proceed ahead without taking care of it.
- Windows Store will then start installation of updates once you select ‘Install’ option.
Author Bio: This is Rajkumar from techieblast.com.