Watermarks are usually layered onto stock images, copyrighted photos to avoid image plagiarism or creative property stealth. But few sites watermark free to distribute images to advertise.
How to Remove Watermarks from Pictures
You might want to remove watermarks from pictures so as to use the image without making it look indecent with a large watermark in the backdrop.
Remember this is only for educational purpose, this technique will be handy in many scenarios and also develops your photo editing skills. It is illegal to use copyrighted, Licensed images commercially.
You are going to need a photo editing software like Photoshop or Gimp, we will be using Photoshop in this tutorial to remove watermarks from pictures.
1. Open the image in which you want to remove the watermark with Photoshop. (Either through File-Open or Open with)
2. We are going to use this stock picture to experiment how to remove watermark from stock pictures.
3. There are several possible ways to achieve unwatermarking, I’m going to demonstrate it using Healing brush tool.
In Photoshop, select the Healing brush tool, Increase or decrease brush size to your requirements
4. Choose the area where you wish to crop the watermark out (Note: you can only choose small parts of the image, because of uneven texture). Select the are without watermark as source by holding alt and left-clicking on the spot.
5. In the above picture, you can see watermark partially removed. Repeat the above step in every area.
6. There is another quicker yet inaccurate technique to remove watermark from pictures. Select the area with lasso tool (Remember only select areas with uniform background/texture, for different textures, repeat this step different times)
Press D or Right Click and Select ‘Fill’, Configure the settings as below and Click OK
7. Through either of the above methods you can remove watermarks from pictures.