The calculation of days between two dates is a very common and can be done very easily using Excel. Here’s a simple tutorial on how to calculate days between two dates with Microsoft Excel.
Calculate Number of Days between Two dates
- First, you have to start the program and open a new worksheet.
- In the first cell of the first row insert the date of departure, it is cell A1. The date should be written in a complete format, also indicating the year.
- In the first cell of the second row, A2, insert the second date using the same format seen in precendeza.
- At this point, select another cell and enter the formula = A2-A1. After you press the Enter key, the program calculates and displays the number of days between the two dates in the selected cell.
- In the case in which the number of days is not shown, and instead other characters are displayed, it is necessary to change the format cells.
- To do this just right click the cell in which the formula has been inserted, select Format Cells from the menu, and then click General in the Category column.
The calculation of days between two dates in Excel is very simple and the operation is useful in many situations.