Presentations play an important role in any business event or organization. It is one of the best platforms for marketing.
Designing an effective Presentation
- First of all, have a clear overview on your marketing pitch. Choose a clear and subtle topic for your presentation, Research your audience to the core, before compiling the content.
- Your next topic, is to choose a good layout for your presentation. It is always advisable to choose/pick a standard layout or templates, for the audience to follow you easily.
- Always keep the ‘K.I.S.S’ rule in mind. Keep it Simple and Sexy, because simple is sexy.
- The essential part, that determines that success of your presentation, is the simple fact of how effectively your presentation, grabs the audience attention. Instead of spilling out several sentences, use the space effectively. Use elements you feel might grab a reader’s attention, such as an interesting graphical figure, a factoid or any interactive design element.
- Make sure you customize your design template, to match the topic and theme of your presentation. Always use subtle colors such as blue, gray, black and avoid fancy overwhelming fonts, which makes it more difficult/illegible to read.
- Make your presentation more dynamic and happening. A picture is worth a thousand words, while a video is worth a million words. Embed or include a related video or audio recording to supplement the presentation. It is a proven fact, that audience respond more effectively to visual elements instead of just plain text.
- Use subtle animation and slide transitions in your presentation, but avoid overusing them. Transitions make your presentation more dynamic as well, however, you need to be wise while choosing them.
As I’ve mentioned already, you can choose to publish your marketing / Business Presentation on the web, to garner more exposure and make it go viral. There are several ways to publish it, which I’ve illustrated in that post. If you are presenting it to a live audience, the following tips might help you out.
Delivering an effective Presentation
- The Presentation itself plays a huge impact on the audience, and garnering attention, However, delivery is the most important aspect of a presentation.
- There are several platforms to deliver the presentation on, out of which, some of the noted big players include Microsoft PowerPoint, Apple Keynote, Prezi. I’d recommended you to use PowerPoint, because it is the standard presentation platform, and makes it easier for the audience to follow.
- Eye contact is a great ice-breaker, connected with every single person in the audience, by glancing into their eyes, and making eye contact inviting them for open discussions.
- Make sure you make it an entertaining experience for the audience, to make it stand out of the league. Try some cool one-lines and ice-breaks to connect with your viewers.
Let me know your views on this through comments.
Author Bio: Gautham is a marketing and SEO tips advisor, he blogs at Free PowerPoint Templates.